Tired of how the house looks? Bored with the furnishings? No money?
Here are some fun and free ideas.
- Swap rooms. Think outside the box. Put the dining room in the living room and the sitting room in the dining room. Make a large walk-in closet into a toddler room. Switch bedrooms.
- Rearrange all the furniture in the whole house.
- Put curtains up to replace doors for more room. Or replace those ugly sliders on the closets with lovely, long curtains.
- Dig through your drawers and cupboards to find stored candles and China and curtains. Use them, don’t save them for a special occasion. Every day is special.
- Move the rugs around if you have throw rugs and area rugs. Put the living room rug in the kitchen and the kitchen in the bathroom. Something like that.
It’s your house, even rented, it’s yours and get funky. Try things you thought wouldn’t work. Watch ideas on Youtube.
Here is my weekend of switching out the bedrooms and what a difference it made. I’m feeling like getting really creative now. If you have been following my blog you will see that I once had my whole office in the laundry room and it was very cute. It is now in the dining room. You can see all this in the video.